Personal information means any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether that information is true or not and whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that includes information about your race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation. We generally do not ask for sensitive information, but may do so where it is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities and it is permitted or required by law. Generally we will only collect sensitive information where you have consented to our collecting that information, including where you voluntarily submit such information to us.
Generally we collect your personal information to provide you with products or services and to manage our relationship with you.
We also collect personal information for research and marketing purposes and to provide you with information about events, products and services (both our own and those of other companies that may be of interest to you), to improve the services we provide, to run various competitions and trade promotions, and to provide you with payment receipts.
Where lawful and practical, you may deal with us anonymously or use a pseudonym. However in some instances, because of the products and services we provide, if you do not provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service (for example, if we require your details in connection with a competition we are running, we cannot provide you with a prize should you be a prize winner and we cannot contact you).
We collect personal information directly from you when you interact with us, for example when:
- you submit an entry into a competition or trade promotion;
- you subscribe to a member database or email newsletter;
- you send us an email, contact us through any of our websites, or post on any of our websites (including any of our social media pages);
- you purchase products or services from us;
- you participate in a research survey;
- you call us; or
- you attend an event or activity that we organise, sponsor, or are otherwise affiliated with.
How we use your personal information will depend on the nature of our relationship with you. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our products or services;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to administer online and App based services and products and to monitor your activity on these services and products;
- to facilitate the administration of, and your participation in, a trade promotion, competition or other activity;
- to facilitate the administration of, and your participation in, a member database;
- to facilitate the administration of, and your participation in, an online subscription newsletter;
- to monitor your purchase history and our relationship with you;
- to compile databases and profiles to enable us to market goods and services more accurately;
- to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to market, improve and add to our products and services including our websites.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or other communications from us, please contact us on the details below so that we can update your preferences, or follow the instructions in these communications on how to unsubscribe.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, relevant and up-to-date. If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date, please contact us on the details below so that we can update our records.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
For more information on how we handle your personal information, or if you are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please contact us. We will take any privacy complaint seriously, and we aim to resolve all complaints in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with relevant information we may require.